Call for Tutorial Proposals
The 18th Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD-2014)
May 13-16, 2014, Tainan, Taiwan
The Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD) is a leading international conference in the areas of data mining and knowledge discovery (KDD). It provides an international forum for researchers and industry practitioners to share their new ideas, original research results and practical development experiences from all KDD related areas, including data mining, data warehousing, machine learning, aritificial intelligence, databases, statistics, knowledge engineering, visualization, and decision-making systems.
PAKDD-2014 will be held in Tainan, Taiwan, one of the most attractive cities in Taiwan.We invite proposals for half-day tutorials from active researchers and experienced tutors. Ideally, a tutorial will cover the state-of-the-art research, development and applications in a specific data mining direction, and stimulate and facilitate future work. Tutorials on interdisciplinary directions, novel and fast growing directions, and significant applications are highly encouraged.A tutorial proposal should include the following:
- Outline including a short summary of every section
- Specific goals and objectives
- Expected background of the audience
- A list of up to 20 most important references that will be covered in the tutoria
- A biographical sketch of the presenter(s)
- Audio Visual equipment needed for the presentation
- Presenter's name, affiliation, address, email, phone, and fax.
- Proposals due: Nov. 11, 2013
- Tutorial Notification: Dec. 2, 2013
Please submit your proposals via email to three Tutorial Co-Chairs.
Proposals will be evaluated by a committee and voted upon based on merit and relevance. The tutorial presenters will be required to provide comprehensive tutorial notes (printable slides) prior to the event, which will then be published on the PAKDD web site and thus be made available to conference attendees free of charge. Tutorials will be presented during the main PAKDD conference as parallel sessions.
- Mi-Yen Yeh
- Institute of Information Science
- Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Email: email@example.com
- Guanndong Xu
- Advanced Analytics Institute
- University of Technology Sydney, Australia
- Email: Guandong.Xu@uts.edu.au
- Seung-won Hwang
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Pohang University of Science and Technology, Korea
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org